Sunday, August 21, 2005

Like a band-aid?

So, I was posting a comment on a blog of a friend of mine, when I read what I was posting and it struck me as odd. To sum up, and without having to cut and paste URLs, I said that I was tired of my job. Well, I've always known that, but I was telling my friend to get out, when getting out wasn't what I was doing.

Case of the plank vs the speck? Pot to kettle, "You're black"? Maybe. I don't think that matters in the long run though.

So, I know what I want to do. I won't get into it, the specifics are not important. I know how to do it, and I am confident that I can do it well. Well enough, anyways. I could even start *right now* but there in lies the problem. You see, what I'm planning, like almost everything else in life, requires money. Call it venture capital, bankroll, whatever, I'll need some before I can get established. Therein lies the problem.

You see, to get this money, I have to keep working the 9-5 that I am. The longer I work there, the more I don't like working there. Also, the longer I work there, the deeper my roots get. I'm resistant to leave, cause hey, I'm dependent on it. Vicious cycle? Yes.

I don't think this a Catch-22. It's more akin to fear felt when you have to jump from the burning building onto the airbag 20-something stories down (did I mention I'm acrophobic?). I know it's what I have to do, but it involves a large risk without a sure reward. I mean, can't I be stable and happy?

-D out.

1 comment:

-D said...

You know Soph, just cause you "leave the country" doesn't mean you get to "be a jackass" when you post on my blog.